F-150 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my new Limited Hybrid. The window sticker states 24 MPG city and 24 MPG highway. After 1,500 miles only averaging 17.6 MPG. Has anyone experienced better MPG then this?
Mark.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Love my new Limited Hybrid. The window sticker states 24 MPG city and 24 MPG highway. After 1,500 miles only averaging 17.6 MPG. Has anyone experienced better MPG then this?
Mark.
Welcome to the forum Mark! I don't have a hybrid myself but I've been seeing reviews where people are getting 24 mpg on the highway. Do you drive in eco mode?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome @JJIP!

What is your city and highway MPG like? Are you just reading the MPG rating off the dash or also manually tracking it on a full tank of gas? Comparing the two can make for an interesting comparison.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome @JJIP!

What is your city and highway MPG like? Are you just reading the MPG rating off the dash or also manually tracking it on a full tank of gas? Comparing the two can make for an interesting comparison.
Welcome to the forum Mark! I don't have a hybrid myself but I've been seeing reviews where people are getting 24 mpg on the highway. Do you drive in eco mode?

I am reading mpg ratings off the dash, I will manually check with a full tank of gas.
Typically I drive in Normal mode as this is the default mode.
I am reading around 18mpg for both city and Highway driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mark.
I’ve had my F150 Platinum Hybrid for a month .. already have 3k miles on it. I have driven it from TX to AZ, pulled a 4200lb Jeep CJ on a trailer, have city miles, highway miles, etc. I didn’t buy it for the MPG. It was the on board power and new tech that sold me. I absolutely love my truck but am disappointed in the mpg averages and wish these manufacturers would be held accountable for their false marketing. I can’t get 20mpg driving 75 on a beautifully paved toll road. I did get 30+ going 40 with no load, etc. 24 ain’t ever happening at speeds over 65.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I’ve had my F150 Platinum Hybrid for a month .. already have 3k miles on it. I have driven it from TX to AZ, pulled a 4200lb Jeep CJ on a trailer, have city miles, highway miles, etc. I didn’t buy it for the MPG. It was the on board power and new tech that sold me. I absolutely love my truck but am disappointed in the mpg averages and wish these manufacturers would be held accountable for their false marketing. I can’t get 20mpg driving 75 on a beautifully paved toll road. I did get 30+ going 40 with no load, etc. 24 ain’t ever happening at speeds over 65.
Welcome to the forum @MaxV! Do you know what kind of mileage you were getting when you were pulling the Jeep?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum @MaxV! Do you know what kind of mileage you were getting when you were pulling the Jeep?
Thank you. Glad to be here. I drove 75mph and got 15mpg. Jeep weighs about 4200 plus trailer. I really hoped I’d get 18. Even when I dropped speed to 65 I couldn’t hit 18. Good thing is I don’t pull much with it but if I did I’d be pretty disappointed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thank you. Glad to be here. I drove 75mph and got 15mpg. Jeep weighs about 4200 plus trailer. I really hoped I’d get 18. Even when I dropped speed to 65 I couldn’t hit 18. Good thing is I don’t pull much with it but if I did I’d be pretty disappointed.
Welcome @MaxV, they're usually very careful with stating figures by adding 'estimates' to the end. But a lot of things can impact your range.
Anything you can think of?

Did you by any chance look at real-world figures yet?
Check these out: 2021 Ford F-150 MPG - Actual MPG from 29 2021 Ford F-150 owners

·
Registered
240 Posts
Since you have the hybrid how did it handle towing? I imagine it pulled the tralier and jeep with ease.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem at all pulling the Jeep and the trailer system is pretty slick. Even though the trailer was a rental I took the time to set it up as I wanted to see if it would be helpful for my wife if she needed to reverse park it, etc. It took about 15 minutes to get it setup but once done, it’s amazing.
But back to your question.. power was not an issue at all. Pulled it effortlessly

·
Registered
2021 Powerboost XLT FX4 302A
6 Posts
It is the bomb! 91 Octane Zero Ethanol, with a life of vehicle at 23.2mpg. Ford's software/firmware of sensors utilized to switch between electric and gas need an update. If you are driving along, and cannot get the Truck by default to go into electric mode, tap the brakes, it works well. I have had the electric motor kick on at 61mph on a flat road.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts