F-150 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the Forum and thought I would check the grey matter out there. Just bought a shinny new F150 2 wd and was interested in adding a rear sway bar and possibly updating the front. Ride is fine but would love to take a little of the wallowing out when turning.

I haven't seen anything for the 2021 yet and the whole time I was buying the truck, I was told the suspension and chassis are different so thinking 2020 won't work. Anyone look into this yet? If so would love to know what you have forun.

Mitch

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome to the forum @MADunasky and congrats on the new F-150! How did you spec yours?

The suspension setup in the 2021's are definitely different from the previous models. Autoblog did a great deep dive into what the differences are.

I've looked briefly into this as well but couldn't find much either. I think the best bet is to reach out to different companies to see if they're planning anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XLT 4x2 super crew I. velocity red. Nothing too over the top. But love it so far. Thanks for the link and I guess I will start with Hellwig

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome @MADunasky.

I recommend reaching out to aftermarket f-150 suspension parts companies to see what they have planned and are working on currently. Chances are many of the popular ones are well into R&D and will have news for us shortly. But If you find out anything interesting let us know!

Any specific suspension kits and parts from the previous F-150 model that you'd like to see here?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome @MADunasky.

I recommend reaching out to aftermarket f-150 suspension parts companies to see what they have planned and are working on currently. Chances are many of the popular ones are well into R&D and will have news for us shortly. But If you find out anything interesting let us know!

Any specific suspension kits and parts from the previous F-150 model that you'd like to see here?
Just looking for Sway Bars for now. Probably some better struts latter, but not in a hurry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hellwig just replied that the rear would be the same as 2017-2021. I think I will give it a go in a little while. non-lifted part number is 7743. Nothing for the front. So I will likely need to stay with the factory one.

Here was their reply.

Customer Service <[email protected]>
11:41 AM (4 minutes ago)

Hi, Mitch.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For the rear the part numbers would remain the same, in relation to 2017-2021 models. While there are some differences, we confirmed through testing in the field that the bars would remain the same.

The part number for the rear kit is 7743. If you have a 2” to 4” lift in the rear, you’d need 7882.

Unfortunately, we would have nothing to offer for the front end.

Please let us know if you need anything else. Thank you!

Regards,
Maria España
Hellwig Products Company, Inc.
(800) 435-5944 Office
(559) 734-7460 Fax
www.HellwigProducts.com

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hellwig just replied that the rear would be the same as 2017-2021. I think I will give it a go in a little while. non-lifted part number is 7743. Nothing for the front. So I will likely need to stay with the factory one.

Here was their reply.

Customer Service <[email protected]>
11:41 AM (4 minutes ago)

Hi, Mitch.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For the rear the part numbers would remain the same, in relation to 2017-2021 models. While there are some differences, we confirmed through testing in the field that the bars would remain the same.

The part number for the rear kit is 7743. If you have a 2” to 4” lift in the rear, you’d need 7882.

Unfortunately, we would have nothing to offer for the front end.

Please let us know if you need anything else. Thank you!

Regards,
Maria España
Hellwig Products Company, Inc.
(800) 435-5944 Office
(559) 734-7460 Fax
www.HellwigProducts.com
Good to see it's going to be the same part. I thought for sure it was going to be something different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to see it's going to be the same part. I thought for sure it was going to be something different.
It was good news. Interestingly enough, they do not have one for the front as it is different. At least I have the one from the factory on there now. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get time to install it, but I will let everyone know how well it works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I had the Sway bar installed last Friday and it works very well. Makes me wonder why Ford did not install from the factory. Haven't towed anything yet, but overall ride is nicer. Corners and a good amount of the wallowing I experienced is way better. Now toying with lowering a little to get CoG down a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts