F-150 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford is getting serious about offering multi-use tailgate for the 2021 F-150

"Our spy photographers spotted a group of Ford engineers prototyping a barn-type tailgate. Based on the photos above, the prototype is made of wood, and features an 80:20 split that opens on the passenger side. Interestingly enough, the tailgate prototype testing team was spotted with a GMC Sierra and a Ram 1500 in the vicinity. If the engineers are benchmarking, we wouldn't be surprised."

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm surprised that Ford didn't have a tailgate like this ready for the reveal. They shouldn't be scrambling like this. I hope they don't botch this as a result.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm surprised that Ford didn't have a tailgate like this ready for the reveal. They shouldn't be scrambling like this. I hope they don't botch this as a result.
No need to rush when you lead the segment.
They just better make the wait worth it with features like the Sierra's MultiPro tailgate or close enough.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No need to rush when you lead the segment.
They just better make the wait worth it with features like the Sierra's MultiPro tailgate or close enough.
That's their still leading the segment but this whole thing seems like they're rushing to get it done before it hits dealers.

I'm sure they'll get it done and get it right but this seems out of the norm Ford to do this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lets just hope there won't be another mass recall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts