F-150 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone actually getting the advertised gas mileage? I have the 2021 hybrid and it’s supposed to get a blended 24 mpg but I only get 19.5. I’m using 93 octane and driving in eco mode. Highway mileage isn’t even close to the 27 advertised.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Welcome @Mdzimmy.

14th gen F-150 mpg ratings have been well under EPA estimates for many owners.

Check out these stats:

fueleconomy.gov doesn't list the hybrid V6 as yet but I can't imagine it being much better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i filled the tank with 93 octane when it was still 1/4 full of 87. I put it in eco mode and drove like a grandma. I went 12.5 miles and the trip averaged 24.5 mpg. I guess its possible. I have heard a few things. One, the mpg were quoted using the highest octane gas. Two, drive in eco mode which I don't really know what the difference is. Three, the truck takes a few hundred miles to work things out and maximize efficiency. And four, take it easy on the accelerations. I feel better knowing it is possible but will probably just drive like i normally do. When i do, i get between 19 and 20 which i am fine with. I think these companies need to quit overstating or exagerating the mpg claims. The automobiles should be driven under "normal" conditions. Not in a lab on a treadmill with no wind resistance.

·
Registered
261 Posts
So i filled the tank with 93 octane when it was still 1/4 full of 87. I put it in eco mode and drove like a grandma. I went 12.5 miles and the trip averaged 24.5 mpg. I guess its possible. I have heard a few things. One, the mpg were quoted using the highest octane gas. Two, drive in eco mode which I don't really know what the difference is. Three, the truck takes a few hundred miles to work things out and maximize efficiency. And four, take it easy on the accelerations. I feel better knowing it is possible but will probably just drive like i normally do. When i do, i get between 19 and 20 which i am fine with. I think these companies need to quit overstating or exagerating the mpg claims. The automobiles should be driven under "normal" conditions. Not in a lab on a treadmill with no wind resistance.
Yeah it's always good to remember that those numbers Ford releases are under the most optimal conditions. You got to take them with a grain of salt especially when dealing with full size pickups.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is anyone actually getting the advertised gas mileage? I have the 2021 hybrid and it’s supposed to get a blended 24 mpg but I only get 19.5. I’m using 93 octane and driving in eco mode. Highway mileage isn’t even close to the 27 advertised.
Not here. I’ve posted the same. The best I can get driving in eco mode full time, never driving over 75mph is 20.4 average. What’s interesting is that I can drive it in normal mode, without thinking about mpg and still get 19. Too much effort to hit 20.4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
21 Lariat 302a. Not even close to the 24 mpg. I am diehard ford guy but I am disappointed in the mileage. I'm hard pressed to get 20 and I am tired of driving like grandma. Other than mpg and the disappointing cameras I like my truck.

·
Registered
243 Posts
What conditions are normal to you? (ex. how much city/highway driving, etc.)
If you knew this before buying your F-150, would you still get it or consider something else?

TFL got 29 in this test they did.

·
Registered
243 Posts
21 Lariat 302a. Not even close to the 24 mpg. I am diehard ford guy but I am disappointed in the mileage. I'm hard pressed to get 20 and I am tired of driving like grandma. Other than mpg and the disappointing cameras I like my truck.
Welcome @kly!

Where along the real world stats I posted above from 50+ owners would you say you average around?
What makes up your numbers (ex. % of city/highway driving, octane rating used, driving style, etc.)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey @kly! What kind of mileage are you getting in your Lariat? Also, are you having any issues with your cameras?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey @kly! What kind of mileage are you getting in your Lariat? Also, are you having any issues with your cameras?
I have 1100 miles on my truck. average mileage is 19.8, I honestly was expecting better. Maybe once I get a few more miles and it is broken in. No issues with the cameras, just not the quality of others I have seen. They do me no good if I can't use them while driving or towing like GM cameras.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 1100 miles on my truck. average mileage is 19.8, I honestly was expecting better. Maybe once I get a few more miles and it is broken in. No issues with the cameras, just not the quality of others I have seen. They do me no good if I can't use them while driving or towing like GM cameras.
18.7 mpg combined is the best I can get on my new f150 limited power boost hybrid With 5,000 miles.
‘Very disappointed, paid extra for the hybrid, not anywhere close to the stated combined 24mpg as listed on window sticker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts