F-150 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Has anyone had any electrical problems?? My 3 week old is at the dealer and they haven’t been able to locate the problem yet. Wouldn’t start today, had to jump it. The alarm went off in the middle of the night, I turned it off and secured it. Then wouldn’t start when I woke up a few hours later. Battery tested and no problems.. has anyone any ideas what it could be?
Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
@Lancer3, can you try these steps to reset the battery management system?
  1. Get in vehicle, close doors
  2. Turn on ignition (but don't start)
  3. Wait for battery light to come up
  4. Flash brights 5 times
  5. Press and release brake 3 times
  6. Battery symbol on dashboard should flash after 5-10 seconds

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
  4. Flash brights 5 times
I took to the dealer and they reset the BMS. Seems to be doing ok now. Hopefully it doesn’t drain again! Thanks for sending the sequence over. I’ll try that myself if it happens again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Has anyone had any electrical problems?? My 3 week old is at the dealer and they haven’t been able to locate the problem yet. Wouldn’t start today, had to jump it. The alarm went off in the middle of the night, I turned it off and secured it. Then wouldn’t start when I woke up a few hours later. Battery tested and no problems.. has anyone any ideas what it could be?
Thanks!
Is your alarm factory installed or dealer installed. I had the problem you have described on a 2011 F150. Turned out the dealer incorrectly installed the alarm system power connection. Once the dealer fixed I never had a problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
  4. Flash brights 5 times
Thank you so much!! I have a new 2021 F150 for 3 wks, 2245miles on it. Just drove from Wyoming to LA for a funeral. No problems during trips. This morning came out - vehicle totally dead. Wouldn't respond to key fob had to enter with the mechanical key in the fob. Again totally dead, no response to anything. I put on a battery charger, showed battery 100% ok, slowly got some response on dash lights/screen but no response to starting. Called the emergency # for Ford, talked person who was to send tow truck, 4 hrs later nothing, attempted to call service dept at local Ford, voice mail and that too was filled - no body available apparently cause approaching labor day weekend. While waiting, came across your post and thought skeptically worth a try. Guess what it worked, everything ok except get a message to "turn off the ignition or start engine..". However ignition is off. So my dilemma is do I dare take into the traffic and drive back to Wyoming? Ford has had these problems but apparently won't tell us why. My local Wyoming Dealer service department that at least answered the phone - no idea and resarching problem. Again thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought 2021 F150 Crew Cab XLT Sport 2 weeks ago, has 1026 miles on. I stopped to drop my son off, the auto stop shut the truck off, when I let off the break trucked wouldn't start. Put it back in park and tried for 20 min, using remote start, trying everything I could think of. Finally started and to it to dealer. They put computer on and had code for the starter, but it never dated when. I never received anything on ford pass app. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought 2021 F150 Crew Cab XLT Sport 2 weeks ago, has 1026 miles on. I stopped to drop my son off, the auto stop shut the truck off, when I let off the break trucked wouldn't start. Put it back in park and tried for 20 min, using remote start, trying everything I could think of. Finally started and to it to dealer. They put computer on and had code for the starter, but it never dated when. I never received anything on ford pass app. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I checked original battery voltage every AM for a week while awaiting Ford appointment. Averaged about 11.2-11.5 v too low and Ford checked battery and replaced with new AGM. As noted on another thread, purchased Audew Battery booster for under the back seat since tailgate won't open when battery dead. I also purchased a none obtrusive battery monitor that plugs into cigarette lighter outlet so can monitor voltage. It also has two outlets, large and smaller where can plug in phone. Battery most mornings before starting about 12.5v. I would insist on Ford giving you a new battery and turn off the auto start button until they do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts