F-150 Forum banner

My 2021 is having electrical problems

14K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  dario.atallah 
#1 ·
Hi. Has anyone had any electrical problems?? My 3 week old is at the dealer and they haven’t been able to locate the problem yet. Wouldn’t start today, had to jump it. The alarm went off in the middle of the night, I turned it off and secured it. Then wouldn’t start when I woke up a few hours later. Battery tested and no problems.. has anyone any ideas what it could be?
Thanks!

#6 ·
I just bought 2021 F150 Crew Cab XLT Sport 2 weeks ago, has 1026 miles on. I stopped to drop my son off, the auto stop shut the truck off, when I let off the break trucked wouldn't start. Put it back in park and tried for 20 min, using remote start, trying everything I could think of. Finally started and to it to dealer. They put computer on and had code for the starter, but it never dated when. I never received anything on ford pass app. Any ideas?

#9 ·
We have a 2021 Ford F150 had it for a year now. This past winter all of a sudden dash lights flashing ,one code said service truck then in wouldn't start. The next day it started. Now 3 months later same lights flashing wouldn't start. Had it towed to our Ford dealer it's been there a week no diagnosis yet. Also anyone do you heard your truck qlinking all the time like its looking for the key? That's been happening since it was new. The service department told me it's nomal they all do it ,well this is the first F150 that we have had that dose this all the time and we owned Ford trucks forever. Just wondering if its linked to what's going on with our truck. I seems like electrical.

#11 ·
Had the exact problem with my 21 Lariat. Its the alternator. The alarm would go off during the night, I would get messages on the Ford pass app. Here is the issue, the trucks computer registers the amperage to a T. when it falls below its set amperage all the bells and whistles fail, but the battery shows that's its good. I took my truck to ford for weeks on end. I was sick of this crap! They finally plugged the truck into a laptop and monitored the trucks amperage. They thought the alternator was defective but couldn't prove it to get ford to replace it. Finally a tech decided enough is enough and replaced the alternator. Problem solved!! all the issues went away.

I'm on a new one now though with my right driving light! It keeps going off and on. Ford cant find the short and the error messages keep showing up on my dash!! OMG!!! its been at the dealer for two weeks trying to figure this one out! The Ford rep is scheduled to look at it next week.

#13 ·
Had the exact problem with my 21 Lariat. Its the alternator. The alarm would go off during the night, I would get messages on the Ford pass app. Here is the issue, the trucks computer registers the amperage to a T. when it falls below its set amperage all the bells and whistles fail, but the battery shows that's its good. I took my truck to ford for weeks on end. I was sick of this crap! They finally plugged the truck into a laptop and monitored the trucks amperage. They thought the alternator was defective but couldn't prove it to get ford to replace it. Finally a tech decided enough is enough and replaced the alternator. Problem solved!! all the issues went away.

#14 ·
I have had the same problem since Feb 4. I took it to the dealer who had replaced a defective battery 2 weeks earlier. They ran tests and this time it showed a defective alternator/starter. I think this is the DC/DC Converter between the AGM battery and the hybrid battery. My part is supposed to come in on Mar 31, 2 months since I took the truck to the dealer. To their credit, they rented a nice RAM 1500 for me.

My F150’s battery dropped its voltage to 11.7V overnight. One morning is was 5.4V. I wish I had known about the trick to reset the BMS. I charged the battery slowly for 36 hours and I was off working again. But the battery kept discharging overnight.

The rental’s battery is always above 12.3V, even if I don’t drive it for more than 2 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.